If the pizza recipe you’ll cook has a lot of meat, how about using BBQ sauce instead of the usual tomato sauce? Everyone knows BBQ sauce is the best option to use with meat!
This recipe will give you a nice, thick BBQ sauce you can spread on the dough. For this recipe you’ll need a variety of sauces and ingredients, since emulating the taste of commercial BBQ sauce is difficult when you’re doing it at home. If the sauce looks watery while you’re making it, you should try adding some tomato paste.
Remember to get ingredients of the best quality possible!
BBQ Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/3 bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- Hot sauce
- Fry the chopped onion with some oil in a frying pan for ten minutes, don't let the onion burn.
- Add the brown sugar to the frying pan. Fry the onion for two minutes more, and use a spoon to mix together the sugar and the onion. As before, don't let the onion burn.
- Add the tomato paste into the frying pan, and mix together with the onion. Once you ensured the onion is amidst the tomato paste, let the mixture cook for two minutes more.
- Now it's time to add the rest of the ingredients. Make sure all the ingredients are incorporated into the sauce, the different sauces and spices used shouldn't be visible, other than the onion and the tomato paste.
- To add the hot sauce, let a drop or two fall onto the paste. Mix together, then taste it. Keep adding hot sauce until you get the desired level of spiciness.