Pizza isn’t really a choice many have for breakfast, but in our opinion, pizza can be a perfectly nice option for the first meal of the day. All you need is the right ingredients! That’s how breakfast pizza is made.
The key is to use ingredients that are traditionally associated with breakfast’. When you say the word ‘breakfast’, you may think of eggs, toast, sausage, or cheese. Good news! This recipe has three of those four — unless you’d like to consider the pizza crust as toast!
For the best results you’ll want this to be a white pizza — one without any tomato sauce. After all, the taste of the tomato may not go well with the eggs. Instead of tomato sauce, you may use a mixture of cheeses, or simply no sauce at all. The moisture from the cheddar cheese will help the crust not to burn too much, but you’ll still want to keep an eye on it, for the best results possible.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup sausage sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- Preheat the oven at a high temperature — preferably around 450 °F
- First you must cook the sausage and mushrooms well. Melt some butter in a frying pan and put the sliced sausage and mushrooms there. Use a spoon to keep them moving around, soaking into the butter, until both are cooked. It should take from five to ten minutes. Since the sausages are sliced, it'll take less time to cook — and the oven will complete the cooking, too
- Put the cooked sausage and mushrooms onto the pizza crust. Distribute them well, don't put too much on one single place.
- Pour the cheddar cheese all over the pizza. Try to form nests, those will hold the eggs in. These nests should be distributed in a way that isn't too close to the edge, and allows you to cut the pizza in servings in a way there's one egg on each serving.
- Crack the eggs and pour the contents onto the cheese nests. Don't worry if the whites spill from the nest — it's okay as long as the whites don't spill off the pizza crust.
- Bake the pizza in the oven for ten minutes. Keep an eye both on the crust and on the eggs, you don't want either to be raw.