Before starting this website, we weren’t aware of how many recipes had squash. So far we have seen many kinds of recipes including this gourd, and now, here we are with our own. Here’s a recipe where butternut squash is the main ingredient! Time for a Pizza Blueprint squash pizza!
So, given what kind of vegetable this is, balancing the flavor of the squash is a somewhat difficult task. After checking around what kind of ingredients are used alongside squash, we decided ricotta cheese would be a good choice. Then, to give it a salty ingredient to complement the savory squash and the creamy cheese, we add ham. Delicious!
Make sure to use a mild tomato sauce — you don’t want to overload yourself with many strong flavors when you bite into this pizza! So let’s get started!
Butternut Squash Pizza
- 1 pound butternut squash
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 cup ham shredded
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Balsamic glaze
- Preheat the oven at 400 °F
- Peel and chop the butternut squash. You want to make thin slices, so this ingredient is baked with ease. You also could chop them into pieces, in that case you want small pieces.
- Place the squash on a baking sheet. Cover the squash with olive oil. Season the squash with salt, pepper, and any other seasoning you'd like to use. Bake the squash slices in the oven for thirty minutes.
- When the squash is almost done, paint with the sauce the surface of the pizza crust. Make sure to cover the surface well, so the entirety of the pizza except the edges will have some sauce on it.
- Once the squash is ready, take it out of the oven and increase the temperature of the oven to 450 °F
- Make a layer with the ham and the mushrooms. Season everything with the minced garlic.
- Cover everything with a layer of ricotta cheese.
- Bake the pizza for ten minutes. Once the pizza is ready, drizzle the balsamic vinegar all over the pizza.