Let’s make a pizza that has both poultry and vegetables! How about combining broccoli and chicken? The result: this interesting chicken and broccoli pizza!
In terms of preparation, it’s nothing too special. Adding broccoli to the pizza is easy, and the recipe itself is very similar to the normal chicken pizza recipe. What makes this worthwhile, though, is that you can prepare the broccoli any way you want. For example, how about trying to make it spicy? Or flavorful? This way the broccoli will stand out and bring the chicken pizza to a new level! Or you could just add it without fanfare or any special preparation — that’s valid too! After all, broccoli is a great vegetable, and is likely to taste good no matter what!
Here in this recipe we include steps to give the broccoli an interesting flavor. Feel free to follow it and experiment!
Chicken and Broccoli Pizza
- 1 cup pizza sauce homemade or store-bought
- 2 cups chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 3/4 pound broccoli
- 1 cup mozzarella grated
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, any seasoning you would like for the broccoli
- Preheat the oven at 400 °F
- Peel the stems of your broccoli, and chop it all into large pieces.
- Pour water into a pot and add salt — one inch of water is enough. This is where you will cook the broccoli! Once you're satisfied with the level of salt, bring the pot to the stovetop and let it boil. You should add the broccoli when the water is boiling, don't do it while it's just warming up.
- Cover the pot with a lid and let the broccoli boil for two minutes. Once that time passes, get rid of the liquid and run the broccoli under cold water. Drain the liquid.
- Dry the broccoli as much as possible. Once you got rid of as much water and liquid as possible, put the broccoli into a bowl. Season the broccoli with lemon zest from the half a lemon, and add any seasoning you'd like to use. Make sure to coat the broccoli well with lemon zest and seasonings, to imbue it all with flavor.
- Spread the sauce over the pizza dough you’ll use. Make sure to cover it well.
- Distribute the shredded chicken all over the crust. Don't form mounds of shredded chicken, it all should be placed so there's an uniform layer of chicken all over the crust.
- Add the onion onto the pizza, and use any seasonings you may want such as salt and pepper, up to taste.
- Cover the entire pizza with the shredded cheeses. You may mix them together in a bowl before adding them onto the pizza, to make sure they’re well distributed all over the meal.
- Bake the pizza for eight minutes, until the cheese has melted and the crust is cooked.
Don’t forget to check these useful links!