This is a pizza for those who love veggies — well, chickpeas are a legume, but you get the point: this is a pizza with ingredients for anyone who prefers vegetables to meat. How else can you define a chickpeas and broccolini pizza?
What’s important is to sauté the ingredients before placing them on the pizza dough. This will ensure they’ll be nice and tasty even before you place it all into the oven. Besides, that part of the process will give you freedom to give it any personal touches you may desire. Do you cook your broccoli or your chickpeas in a specific manner? Now’s your chance to incorporate it.
An onion, oregano, and garlic complement the pizza, bringing some special touches into the recipe. Without further ado, here you go!
Chickpeas and Broccolini Pizza
- 1 cup tomato pizza sauce homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese sliced
- 1 cup broccolini chopped and without large stems
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1/4 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1/8 cup bell pepper chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 garlic clove chopped
- Preheat the oven at 400 °F
- Heat up a skillet until it's hot. Add the broccolini, chickpeas, bell pepper, mushrooms, onion, garlic and oregano. Sauté it all for three minutes — make sure to move the ingredients all the time until they're mixed.
- Cover one side of the pizza crust with tomato sauce.
- Place the vegetables mixture onto the pizza crust. Make sure not to pile them too much on one place — there should be enough toppings to place all over the pizza.
- Cover it all with a layer of sliced Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake the pizza in the oven for fifteen minutes. Make sure the dough is cooked, and keep in the oven for longer if necessary.
Don’t forget to check these useful links!