There are many ways to make a spicy BBQ sauce in your own kitchen. For example, you can use chipotle chiles to ensure the sauce will pack quite a punch! A chipotle BBQ sauce!
As usual, we’ll change some of the ingredients in our basic BBQ sauce recipe. Less vinegan and sugar, more honey — and of course the chiles!
As you can imagine, this is a spicier kind of BBQ sauce than our other recipes, so give it a try if you truly want a sauce that’ll leave a nice burning sensation when you try it!
Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 4 chipotle chiles chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/3 bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Fry the chopped onion with some oil in a frying pan for ten minutes, don’t let the onion burn.
- Add the tomato paste into the frying pan, and mix together with the onion. Once you ensured the onion is amidst the tomato paste, let the mixture cook for two minutes more.
- Now it’s time to add the rest of the ingredients. Make sure all the ingredients are incorporated into the sauce, the different sauces and spices used shouldn’t be visible, other than the onion and the tomato paste.