The best thing about grains is that, with some processing, the flour can be used for all kinds of recipes. Pie crusts, bread, pastries, and now pizza. Here’s a recipe for making millet pizza dough!
Preparing the millet for the dough will take a while, as you’ll need to soak the millet in order to get it ready to turn it into flour later. Afterwards, all you need to do is use the food processor and cook it with other ingredients to give it some flavor.
The result is a dough that you’ll need to bake in the oven before placing the toppings on it, but it’ll be worth it. Crispy, nutritious millet!
- Food processor / Blender
- 1 cup millet
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 onion
- 1/2 lemon
- Let the millet soak in water for three hours. Don't season the water, simply let the millet soak.
- Once the millet has been thoroughly soaked, take it out of the water and pass the millet to a the food processor, with as little water as possible. Process the millet, but don't let it turn into powder.
- Pass the millet to a frying pan.
- Chop the onion and put it with the millet. Season everything with oregano, broth, and the lemon's juice, and cook for ten minutes. Stir constantly so all the millet is cooked well.
- Prepare a baking pan for the dough. Pour the millet onto the plan, and give it the desired shape for the pizza — whether you want a circle or a rectangle. Bake the dough in the oven at 450 °F until you have a dry, usable crust. It may take from ten to twenty minutes.