There are a few recipes known for how simple they are. One example is the pepperoni pizza. Its topping choice is rather limited: cheese and pepperoni.
There’s a possibility to enhance flavor through the use of spices and herbs, but that’s not necessary, if you wish to try the basic versions of the recipe. After all, even without seasoning, this recipe is fantastic! There’s something about the flavor of pepperoni that makes this pizza a great experience!
This recipe is going to be simple, even someone without experience will be able to make a delicious pizza with minimum effort. All you need is to make sure your ingredients are of good quality, and you’ll be ready to go!
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese grated
- ½ cup pepperoni sliced
- 1/2 cup tomato pizza sauce homemade or store-bought.
- 1/2 tomato sliced (optional)
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Basil to taste
- Once the dough has been extended, cover it with sauce, making sure to leave the edge without sauce.
- Put onion and garlic on the layer of sauce, to give more flavor to the pizza. If you wish to enhance the taste of the tomato, add tomato slices, distributing them evenly over the sauce.
- Add the cheese over the sauce. Be careful not to make any mounds or pour too much cheese on the same place.
- Spread the pepperoni over the cheese. Don’t overlap any of the slices, distribute it as evenly as you can, without leaving excessive space between each slice.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and basil.
- Bake the pizza in the oven at 400 °F for 16 minutes.