This bell pepper pizza recipe is going to need quite some preparation before the pizza can be assembled. It may seem like a hassle, but roasting your bell peppers is a good idea — it brings out some nice flavor!
Once you have roasted bell peppers, you’ll be set and ready to go. Assembling the pizza doesn’t take long or require any special actions. After all, the bell peppers are the main ingredient here. The olives will complement the bell peppers’ flavor, and the right sauce will spice up this pizza quite a lot!
For this recipe’s purposes we will include instructions about how to roast your bell peppers. Enjoy!
Roasted Bell Peppers and Olives Pizza
- 1 cup tomato pizza sauce homemade or store-bought
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups bell peppers
- 1 cup olives
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven at 400 °F. We will use this temperature both for the bell peppers and for the pizza.
- Apply olive oil to the surface of a baking sheet, without making it too greasy — you need just enough to cook the bell peppers. Place the bell peppers onto the baking sheet.
- Roast the bell peppers in the oven for twenty minutes. Once that time passes, give them a half turn and roast again for another twenty minutes.
- Take the bell peppers out of the oven. Place them on a flat surface, and put above them a bowl upside-down. Leave it for fifteen minutes. In the meantime, get everything else ready for the pizza.
- Make sure the oven is still hot, with a 400 °F temperature. If not, preheat once again.
- Apply the pizza sauce on one side of the pizza crust, leaving the edges untouched. Slice the olives and grate the cheese, have those ready to be applied once the bell peppers are done.
- Cut open the bell peppers, remove all the seeds and any charred skin, and chop or cut what's left into stripes. Distribute the chopped roasted bell peppers all over the pizza crust.
- Put the olive slices amon the bell pepper bits. Cover everything with a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for eight minutes, until the cheese melts and the crust is nicely cooked. Don't let it burn!
Don’t forget to check these useful links!