Fish and seafood on pizza aren’t a very popular choice of topping. The most known ones are anchovies and shrimp, both known for their strong taste. It’s an acquired taste. That’s why a lot of people are reluctant to try seafood and fish on pizza..
Just like other toppings, what makes a good pizza is the combination of toppings. The right seafood can make a good pizza, what’s important is to plan ahead.
The recipe you’ll read now is quite the option. With tuna and mussels as the main ingredients, it’s a must-have for seafood lovers.
- 1 cup tomato pizza sauce
- 25 mussels
- 1 cup tuna shredded
- 50 g mozzarella cheese sliced
- 12 green olives sliced
- 4 scallops
- 8 shrimps cooked
- Pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F
- Cover the pizza dough with the pizza sauce, making sure to coat it thoroughly.
- Shred the tuna. Distribute it over the pizza, trying not to put too much on the same spot.
- Cook the mussels by putting them in a pot of water and salt, and letting it all boil until the mussels are open.
- Scoop the meat out of the mussels and put it on the pizza. Keep in mind there’ll be four servings, so distribute it evenly on each portion.
- Place the green olive slices. Remember to leave empty spaces for the scallops and the shrimps.
- Add the shrimp and the scallops. Make sure to spread evenly, so all portions have some of these ingredients.
- Cook for fifteen minutes in the oven.