Our regular BBQ pizza sauce is already pretty good! But some may want a different flavor, while keeping the spirit of BBQ sauce. That’s why here we have a recipe that adds shallot into it, and replaces a couple other ingredients to get a different flavor.
No more onion, Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce. Instead in this recipe we’ll be using shallot, paprika and garlic. If you want to you can even take the honey out of the recipe list. The result will be a less sweet BBQ sauce, admittedly, so this recipe is perfect for those who want a strongly-flavored homemade BBQ sauce.
What are we waiting for? Let’s get the saucepan ready and make a BBQ sauce like never before!
Shallot BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 shallot grated
- 1/3 bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 garlic minced
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- Hot sauce
- Fry the shallot and garlic with some oil in a frying pan for five minutes. Turn the heat to its lowest setting
- Add the brown sugar and the paprika to the frying pan. Use a spoon to mix together the new ingredients with the shallot.
- Add the tomato paste into the frying pan, and mix. Once you ensured the shallot is amidst the tomato paste, let the mixture simmer for two minutes more.
- Now it’s time to add the rest of the ingredients. Make sure all the ingredients are incorporated into the sauce, the different sauces and spices used shouldn’t be visible, other than the onion and the tomato paste.
- To add the hot sauce, let a drop or two fall onto the paste. Mix together, then taste it. Keep adding hot sauce until you get the desired level of spiciness.