Let’s try something fun. Combining spinach and mushrooms should net you an interesting recipe to eat! Featuring a ridiculously low amount of calories, this pizza is both filling and low-cal!
As usual, we recommend you have the spinach blanched in advance, but just in case we will count the time the spinach preparation into the amount of time this recipe will need. Other than that, this shouldn’t take long! After all, there aren’t too many ingredients, and the spinach is the big centerpiece here.
Remember the spinach must have as little liquid as possible, to avoid soaking the dough. Be careful!
Spinach and Mushrooms Pizza
- 1 cup tomato pizza sauce homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- Any seasoning you want to add to the spinach
- Preheat the pizza at 400 °F
- Blanch the spinach. Once it's done, make sure to get rid of any excess liquid, take your time doing that. Chop the spinach.
- Use the pizza sauce on the pizza crust, coating one side as much as possible, except the edges.
- Wash the mushrooms carefully, and try to dry them as much as you can so there's no water on them when you place the slices on the pizza. Place all the mushrooms on the surface of the sauce.
- Place the spinach on the pizza, try not to pile much of it on the same spot.
- Cover everything with a layer of mozzarella cheese. Keep in mind once it melts it may expand a little.
- Bake the pizza in the oven for eight minutes, but keep an eye on the pizza to ensure it doesn't burn.