Thanks to the fact the Margherita pizza has few ingredients, it should be easy to turn it into a vegan recipe. All you have to do is make sure the dough is vegan, and replace the cheese with a vegan alternative.
This recipe will make use of this vegan cheese recipe. This will give you a creamy vegan cheese you can apply in circles on the dough, as if it was normal cheese. We also recommend you use this vegan dough recipe, using spelt instead of the usual flour.
Without further ado, follow these steps to make a vegan Margherita pizza successfully!
Vegan Margherita Pizza
- 1 spelt pizza crust
- 1 cup cashew cheese
- 1 cup of tomato pizza sauce homemade or store-bought.
- Fresh basil leaves for garnishing
- olive oil extra virgin
- After extending the pizza dough, spread the pizza tomato sauce all over the dough, using a large spoon or your hands. Adding salt and pepper in this part of the process can enhance the flavor, make sure to add it evenly on the sauce.
- Take spoonfuls of the cashew cheese and place it strategically on the dough. Don't place each dollop too close to each other. If you'd like, use a spoon to try to make a larger circle, but it may be a bit of a hassle to do so.
- Set the oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for eight minutes.
- Take the pizza out of the oven and add the basil leaves, shredded or whole.
- Add some olive oil over the pizza. The purpose of the olive oil is to add a subtle touch, so make sure not to add too much.