The world of cooking is immense and unpredictable, and the smaller universe of pizzas isn’t any less adventurous. As an example, this dough incorporating zucchini as its main ingredient! Zucchini dough for your pizza!
You don’t need lots of complicated ingredients to make this dough. All you need is zucchini, apple, and eggs, the rest are seasonings you’re likely to have in your pantry. Preparing the zucchini may take a little while, but it’s worth it! This recipe has apple as a sweet touch, and it takes into account the possibility you’re using young zucchini. If you’re using more mature zucchini, consider not using apple at all, as in that case the zucchini may have a taste similar to apple.
This recipe goes especially well with topping recipes including meat, thanks to the contrast between the zucchini and the meat. I wholeheartedly invite you to try this dough and see if it’s up to your taste!
- Cheese grater
- ½ cup flour
- 2 zucchini shredded or chopped very finely
- 1 apple shredded or chopped very finely
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- Take the shredded zucchini and make sure to squeeze as much liquid as you can out of it. It's important the zucchini is as dry as possible, to prevent the dough from getting too much liquid inside.
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl, including the zucchini. Add salt and pepper if you wish to season the dough.
- Mix all the ingredients until the result looks like a dough. Remember you'll use this dough for your pizza, so make sure it's malleable enough to be turned into a flat surface. Use water and/or flour to get the right consistency.
- Store the dough in the fridge for no more than three days, or frozen for more than one month.